The Phoenix, Scottsdale, and other surrounding areas are full of people who owe much more than their houses are worth. Many homeowners in the Phoenix area are signing up for home loan modifications as a way to reduce the payments on their house or make up for previous payments that have not been made on their mortgage. Under the guise of working with you, the banks state that they will give you a “trial” loan modification. I am writing this article to warn you that there are dangers in this trial loan modification that you likely don’t realize when you sign up. In summary, even though you make your trial loan modification payments and jump through all of the hoops that the bank wants, you can still be denied a permanent home loan modification. Then, the banks will turn around and make a demand that you catch up on the difference between what you would have paid without the trial loan modification and what you actually paid during the trial period. Often times, my clients are sent a letter that states they have to come up with many thousands of dollars within a relatively short period of time or else their house will be foreclosed (also called a trustee sale in Arizona).
If the above happens to you and you want to save your house, call a bankruptcy attorney immediately. Depending on your situation and if you qualify for a Chapter 13 bankruptcy, you may not have to pay that amount off immediately in order to stay in your home.
Contact Us to Learn More About Arizona law and Bankruptcy
Call our Phoenix bankruptcy and foreclosure defense attorneys at 480-845-0145 or send us an e-mail, and we will respond promptly. We look forward to meeting with you.
Why should you hire our firm to represent you in bankruptcy?
Great question. Here are a few reasons:
- 1. Bankruptcy is our sole area of practice. Attorney Wright has over 10 years of experience in the field of bankruptcy and has helped over 1000 people successfully file.
- 2. Attorney Wright has an accounting background that is useful in analyzing complex financial documents. Prior to law school he obtained a degree in accounting from the University of Wisconsin School of Business. He exercised his strong numerical aptitude in the field of accounting, including several years with The Kohler Co., before ultimately deciding to pursue a law degree.
- 3. New clients meet with an attorney during their first visit. We understand your time is valuable. It is important your questions are answered quickly and accurately so you can take appropriate steps to secure a better financial future and eliminate fear and stress.
4. In business, referrals are the highest form of professional compliment. We frequently receive referrals from other lawyers and previous clients.
- 5. Our firm is small which enables us to focus on quality over quantity. We don’t have billboards on the I-10 or banners affixed to public transportation. Our approach is a bit more understated. We care about people and doing things right and it shows in our low employee turnover and positive reviews.
- 6. Perhaps the most important consideration is the cost of filing bankruptcy. We continuously assess our fees to ensure we offer fair and competitive pricing. We want to offer you a deal without sacrificing the quality of your experience.
Ways we can help…
What our clients are saying…
Mr. Wright and his staff were amazing. They made a negative situation a lot better and turned it into a positive. Could really tell they care helping people and I will refer their Phoenix Bankruptcy Attorney firm to friends and family. Thanks again.
I called around looking for the right bankruptcy lawyer and came across Benjamin Wright. He personally called me for the consultation seeing how I live in Kingman AZ. He was very helpful from the start and his staff was very friendly and explained any questions I had, sorry for all the questions. I would definitely recommend Wright law offices, and I do!! Thanks for everything, you made what seemed like a hard thing to do simple!! You guys rock!!!
Great lawyer, he really helped my mother out of a jam. She was totally new to bankruptcy and he talked with us for about an hour and a half to make sure she wouldn’t be worried.
Ben is a kind and down to earth attorney. He worked around my busy schedule as a single mom (school, full-time job, and daycare pick up and drop off times). He explained absolutely everything to me and was good about e-mailing. I am writing this review as a THANK YOU.
I had a very positive experience with Attorney Wright. He or his staff returned my e-mails and calls promptly (even after business hours occasionally). His fees were reasonable. He was patient with me when I showed up in court missing an important document. He is aggressive, but fair and nice.