Dealing with auto loan debt in bankruptcy is a concern shared by many people who are struggling with debt.
Whether you are looking to eliminate auto loan debt through bankruptcy or exploring options for keeping your car through bankruptcy, you should seek advice from an experienced bankruptcy attorney.
Contact Wright Law Offices to schedule a free consultation with a Phoenix auto loan bankruptcy lawyer.
What Happens to Car Loans in Bankruptcy?
There are a number of options available for individuals with auto loans considering bankruptcy: surrendering the car to the bank and discharging the debt, seeking an auto loan reaffirmation and repaying the remaining debt, refinancing the car loan to its current value and buying out the secured creditor, or filing Chapter 13 bankruptcy.
Keeping Your Car Through Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
"Can I keep my car if I file bankruptcy?" This is one of the most common questions asked by people considering bankruptcy. The truth is, it may be possible for people to keep their cars even after filing bankruptcy depending on the amount of equity in the vehicle and other factors.
If you want to keep your car through bankruptcy instead of seeking to eliminate an auto loan, we can help you determine if you qualify for an auto loan reaffirmation. This would allow you to keep your car and continue making payments after you file
Chapter 7 bankruptcy.
Auto "Cramdowns" in Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
When the owner of a car owes more money than the car is worth, he or she may be able to reduce the amount owed on the car through a procedure known as a “cramdown.” This option is available only in
Chapter 13 bankruptcy. Certain requirements must be met to qualify for a vehicle cramdown, but if met, the amount you owe on your car can be significantly reduced. Contact a Phoenix bankruptcy lawyer from our firm to learn more.
Contact a Tempe Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Attorney
free consultation with a Phoenix bankruptcy attorney to learn more about your options for eliminating auto loan debt. Call 480-845-0145 today.
Why should you hire our firm to represent you in bankruptcy?
Great question. Here are a few reasons:
- 1. Bankruptcy is our sole area of practice. Attorney Wright has over 10 years of experience in the field of bankruptcy and has helped over 1000 people successfully file.
- 2. Attorney Wright has an accounting background that is useful in analyzing complex financial documents. Prior to law school he obtained a degree in accounting from the University of Wisconsin School of Business. He exercised his strong numerical aptitude in the field of accounting, including several years with The Kohler Co., before ultimately deciding to pursue a law degree.
- 3. New clients meet with an attorney during their first visit. We understand your time is valuable. It is important your questions are answered quickly and accurately so you can take appropriate steps to secure a better financial future and eliminate fear and stress.
4. In business, referrals are the highest form of professional compliment. We frequently receive referrals from other lawyers and previous clients.
- 5. Our firm is small which enables us to focus on quality over quantity. We don’t have billboards on the I-10 or banners affixed to public transportation. Our approach is a bit more understated. We care about people and doing things right and it shows in our low employee turnover and positive reviews.
- 6. Perhaps the most important consideration is the cost of filing bankruptcy. We continuously assess our fees to ensure we offer fair and competitive pricing. We want to offer you a deal without sacrificing the quality of your experience.
Ways we can help…
What our clients are saying…
Mr. Wright and his staff were amazing. They made a negative situation a lot better and turned it into a positive. Could really tell they care helping people and I will refer their Phoenix Bankruptcy Attorney firm to friends and family. Thanks again.
I called around looking for the right bankruptcy lawyer and came across Benjamin Wright. He personally called me for the consultation seeing how I live in Kingman AZ. He was very helpful from the start and his staff was very friendly and explained any questions I had, sorry for all the questions. I would definitely recommend Wright law offices, and I do!! Thanks for everything, you made what seemed like a hard thing to do simple!! You guys rock!!!
Great lawyer, he really helped my mother out of a jam. She was totally new to bankruptcy and he talked with us for about an hour and a half to make sure she wouldn’t be worried.
Ben is a kind and down to earth attorney. He worked around my busy schedule as a single mom (school, full-time job, and daycare pick up and drop off times). He explained absolutely everything to me and was good about e-mailing. I am writing this review as a THANK YOU.
I had a very positive experience with Attorney Wright. He or his staff returned my e-mails and calls promptly (even after business hours occasionally). His fees were reasonable. He was patient with me when I showed up in court missing an important document. He is aggressive, but fair and nice.