For the majority of debtors they have no problems with their bankruptcy trustees, but there are always exceptions. You are required by law to see your trustee in person at the 341 hearing. Usually these proceedings are routine and usually last a few minutes, but there are a few things that really frustrate trustees and may cause them to get upset.
First and foremost, is when a trustee has reason to believe the debtor is lying or concealing some fact. Honesty is the best policy in this situation. Do not answer every question with answers like, “to the best of my knowledge, or “that sounds right.” Second, not speaking up at the hearing will annoy many trustees. Remember, the 341 hearing is recorded and the debtor must speak loudly and clearly to make sure everything is caught on record. Further, because it is recorded answer with a clear “yes” or “no”, do not nod or shake your head.
Another way to annoy the trustee is by not listing any personal clothing in your bankruptcy schedules. Unless you plan on showing up naked to your bankruptcy 341 hearing, the trustee might care and ask your bankruptcy attorney to amend your bankruptcy schedules to demonstrate the fact that you own at least one set of clothing. Also, make sure not to leave out debts you owe to relatives. They are creditors just like any other bank.
A really good way to mess up your case is to fail to mention that you are a plaintiff in a great big lawsuit, whether it be a personal injury lawsuit or otherwise. A better course would be to disclose that lawsuit in the first place. The trustee can look at the public records. Trustees always do their homework to make sure you are not hiding anything so please do not even try in the first place.
The trustee is the main thing which stands between you and your discharge. ..and you want a discharge. You want to be free of all your pre-bankruptcy debts. Whether you are in Phoenix, Avondale or Scottsdale, call Wright Law Offices to be on your way to a fresh start without debts in no time.
"Benjamin Wright with Wright Law Office made a very difficult time for us much easier. We were struggling and did not know what our options were. He explained all our options and helped us to make the best financial decision. They made things easy and were always available to answer any questions we had. I would definitely recommend him."
Why should you hire our firm to represent you in bankruptcy?
Great question. Here are a few reasons:
- 1. Bankruptcy is our sole area of practice. Attorney Wright has over 10 years of experience in the field of bankruptcy and has helped over 1000 people successfully file.
- 2. Attorney Wright has an accounting background that is useful in analyzing complex financial documents. Prior to law school he obtained a degree in accounting from the University of Wisconsin School of Business. He exercised his strong numerical aptitude in the field of accounting, including several years with The Kohler Co., before ultimately deciding to pursue a law degree.
- 3. New clients meet with an attorney during their first visit. We understand your time is valuable. It is important your questions are answered quickly and accurately so you can take appropriate steps to secure a better financial future and eliminate fear and stress.
4. In business, referrals are the highest form of professional compliment. We frequently receive referrals from other lawyers and previous clients.
- 5. Our firm is small which enables us to focus on quality over quantity. We don’t have billboards on the I-10 or banners affixed to public transportation. Our approach is a bit more understated. We care about people and doing things right and it shows in our low employee turnover and positive reviews.
- 6. Perhaps the most important consideration is the cost of filing bankruptcy. We continuously assess our fees to ensure we offer fair and competitive pricing. We want to offer you a deal without sacrificing the quality of your experience.
Ways we can help…
What our clients are saying…
Mr. Wright and his staff were amazing. They made a negative situation a lot better and turned it into a positive. Could really tell they care helping people and I will refer their Phoenix Bankruptcy Attorney firm to friends and family. Thanks again.
I called around looking for the right bankruptcy lawyer and came across Benjamin Wright. He personally called me for the consultation seeing how I live in Kingman AZ. He was very helpful from the start and his staff was very friendly and explained any questions I had, sorry for all the questions. I would definitely recommend Wright law offices, and I do!! Thanks for everything, you made what seemed like a hard thing to do simple!! You guys rock!!!
Great lawyer, he really helped my mother out of a jam. She was totally new to bankruptcy and he talked with us for about an hour and a half to make sure she wouldn’t be worried.
Ben is a kind and down to earth attorney. He worked around my busy schedule as a single mom (school, full-time job, and daycare pick up and drop off times). He explained absolutely everything to me and was good about e-mailing. I am writing this review as a THANK YOU.
I had a very positive experience with Attorney Wright. He or his staff returned my e-mails and calls promptly (even after business hours occasionally). His fees were reasonable. He was patient with me when I showed up in court missing an important document. He is aggressive, but fair and nice.