With parts of the government officially closed today, and a compromise in the future still uncertain, many federal government workers will be experiencing negative financial consequences. Government workers are expecting to sign furlough papers and return home, however, many are still waiting to see if their department is affected. There are expected 800,000 workers who are expected to be ordered to stay home on furlough. The government will continue to support programs that are essential to maintaining public safety and protecting property.
During furlough Americans will not receive a paycheck during the shutdown and might face bankruptcy. There is a chance that Congress will reimburse them once the furlough ends, but there is no guarantee. Unfortunately, it will be the hardworking federal employees that will feel the effects of the shutdown the greatest and will be forced to use credit cards to get through this difficult time.
Federal courts will continue to hear and decide case, but the justice department has urged its attorneys to curtail or postpone non-critical civil matters. In regards to bankruptcy courts, the Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts for the Federal Judiciary issued a statement that the bankruptcy courts will remain open, as well as the case management and electronic case filing systems (CM/ECF). However, if the shutdown proceeds for several weeks, individuals that have filed bankruptcy can expect delays or cancellation of 341 hearings, delays in confirmation of Chapter 13 plans, and other bankruptcy proceedings. Cancellation of bankruptcy cases will only result if it does not compromise the safety of human life or the protection of property under the terms of the Anti-Deficiency Act.
Read more about our bankruptcy services…
"Benjamin Wright with Wright Law Office made a very difficult time for us much easier. We were struggling and did not know what our options were. He explained all our options and helped us to make the best financial decision. They made things easy and were always available to answer any questions we had. I would definitely recommend him."
Why should you hire our firm to represent you in bankruptcy?
Great question. Here are a few reasons:
- 1. Bankruptcy is our sole area of practice. Attorney Wright has over 10 years of experience in the field of bankruptcy and has helped over 1000 people successfully file.
- 2. Attorney Wright has an accounting background that is useful in analyzing complex financial documents. Prior to law school he obtained a degree in accounting from the University of Wisconsin School of Business. He exercised his strong numerical aptitude in the field of accounting, including several years with The Kohler Co., before ultimately deciding to pursue a law degree.
- 3. New clients meet with an attorney during their first visit. We understand your time is valuable. It is important your questions are answered quickly and accurately so you can take appropriate steps to secure a better financial future and eliminate fear and stress.
4. In business, referrals are the highest form of professional compliment. We frequently receive referrals from other lawyers and previous clients.
- 5. Our firm is small which enables us to focus on quality over quantity. We don’t have billboards on the I-10 or banners affixed to public transportation. Our approach is a bit more understated. We care about people and doing things right and it shows in our low employee turnover and positive reviews.
- 6. Perhaps the most important consideration is the cost of filing bankruptcy. We continuously assess our fees to ensure we offer fair and competitive pricing. We want to offer you a deal without sacrificing the quality of your experience.
Ways we can help…
What our clients are saying…
Mr. Wright and his staff were amazing. They made a negative situation a lot better and turned it into a positive. Could really tell they care helping people and I will refer their Phoenix Bankruptcy Attorney firm to friends and family. Thanks again.
I called around looking for the right bankruptcy lawyer and came across Benjamin Wright. He personally called me for the consultation seeing how I live in Kingman AZ. He was very helpful from the start and his staff was very friendly and explained any questions I had, sorry for all the questions. I would definitely recommend Wright law offices, and I do!! Thanks for everything, you made what seemed like a hard thing to do simple!! You guys rock!!!
Great lawyer, he really helped my mother out of a jam. She was totally new to bankruptcy and he talked with us for about an hour and a half to make sure she wouldn’t be worried.
Ben is a kind and down to earth attorney. He worked around my busy schedule as a single mom (school, full-time job, and daycare pick up and drop off times). He explained absolutely everything to me and was good about e-mailing. I am writing this review as a THANK YOU.
I had a very positive experience with Attorney Wright. He or his staff returned my e-mails and calls promptly (even after business hours occasionally). His fees were reasonable. He was patient with me when I showed up in court missing an important document. He is aggressive, but fair and nice.