People usually wait too long to file for bankruptcy because it is such a difficult decision. However, debt does not go away on its own. With time your debt will only get worse and the stress you are experiencing will wear on your health. Not to mention, creditors will continue to harass you, the risk of wage garnishment, and the risk of repossession or foreclosure will increase. Sometimes, the realization that Bankruptcy is the way out comes as a last resort, a desperate measure. Ultimately, it could be a lawsuit or a writ of garnishment that puts you over the edge. In this case, you have waited too long.
It is very common for debtors to find ways to pay off their creditors in order to avoid bankruptcy. Unfortunately, it ends up costing them more money than it would be speaking to an attorney. The following is a list of common mistakes debtors should avoid doing:
- Taking money out of retirement programs to pay unsecured debt;
- Borrowing money from banks, taking out cash advances from credit cards, dealing with payday lenders;
- Selling real estate or other assets;
- Transferring property to friends or family members;
- Borrowing money from friends and family;
- Drawing down their bank accounts to pay dischargeable debt;
- Getting sued, or garnished or attached;
- Dealing with unpleasant phone calls, nasty letters and stress.
If you are currently making any of these mistakes, you should contact a bankruptcy attorney immediately. The Wright law Offices with an office located in Avondale will provide you with expert legal knowledge to get you out of debt and a fresh start in life.
Read more about our bankruptcy services…
"Benjamin Wright with Wright Law Office made a very difficult time for us much easier. We were struggling and did not know what our options were. He explained all our options and helped us to make the best financial decision. They made things easy and were always available to answer any questions we had. I would definitely recommend him."
Why should you hire our firm to represent you in bankruptcy?
Great question. Here are a few reasons:
- 1. Bankruptcy is our sole area of practice. Attorney Wright has over 10 years of experience in the field of bankruptcy and has helped over 1000 people successfully file.
- 2. Attorney Wright has an accounting background that is useful in analyzing complex financial documents. Prior to law school he obtained a degree in accounting from the University of Wisconsin School of Business. He exercised his strong numerical aptitude in the field of accounting, including several years with The Kohler Co., before ultimately deciding to pursue a law degree.
- 3. New clients meet with an attorney during their first visit. We understand your time is valuable. It is important your questions are answered quickly and accurately so you can take appropriate steps to secure a better financial future and eliminate fear and stress.
4. In business, referrals are the highest form of professional compliment. We frequently receive referrals from other lawyers and previous clients.
- 5. Our firm is small which enables us to focus on quality over quantity. We don’t have billboards on the I-10 or banners affixed to public transportation. Our approach is a bit more understated. We care about people and doing things right and it shows in our low employee turnover and positive reviews.
- 6. Perhaps the most important consideration is the cost of filing bankruptcy. We continuously assess our fees to ensure we offer fair and competitive pricing. We want to offer you a deal without sacrificing the quality of your experience.
Ways we can help…
What our clients are saying…
Mr. Wright and his staff were amazing. They made a negative situation a lot better and turned it into a positive. Could really tell they care helping people and I will refer their Phoenix Bankruptcy Attorney firm to friends and family. Thanks again.
I called around looking for the right bankruptcy lawyer and came across Benjamin Wright. He personally called me for the consultation seeing how I live in Kingman AZ. He was very helpful from the start and his staff was very friendly and explained any questions I had, sorry for all the questions. I would definitely recommend Wright law offices, and I do!! Thanks for everything, you made what seemed like a hard thing to do simple!! You guys rock!!!
Great lawyer, he really helped my mother out of a jam. She was totally new to bankruptcy and he talked with us for about an hour and a half to make sure she wouldn’t be worried.
Ben is a kind and down to earth attorney. He worked around my busy schedule as a single mom (school, full-time job, and daycare pick up and drop off times). He explained absolutely everything to me and was good about e-mailing. I am writing this review as a THANK YOU.
I had a very positive experience with Attorney Wright. He or his staff returned my e-mails and calls promptly (even after business hours occasionally). His fees were reasonable. He was patient with me when I showed up in court missing an important document. He is aggressive, but fair and nice.