An unexpected illness or hospital stay can have devastating financial effects on individuals and families. Even with insurance, medical debt can accumulate and cause financial hardship. Many are left struggling with debt regardless of their financial situation before the illness or hospitalization.
Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy can relieve you of your medical debt. It may be time to talk to a Phoenix medical debt bankruptcy lawyer about your specific options.
Contact Wright Law Offices at 480-845-0145 for a free consultation in Phoenix, Scottsdale or Tempe. We will analyze your financial circumstances and identify if bankruptcy is your best option to seek relief from medical debt.
Bankruptcy and Medical Debt
Medical debt is considered unsecured debt, and unsecured debt is dis-chargeable through
Chapter 7 bankruptcy. Debt is typically discharged within four to five months of the bankruptcy filing.
If an individual is not eligible for Chapter 7 bankruptcy,
Chapter 13 bankruptcy may still be an option. In Chapter 13 bankruptcy, medical debt is reorganized and may be significantly reduced. A repayment plan is established, allowing the debtor to repay a portion of the debts over a three- to five-year period.
Contact a Scottsdale Medical Debt Relief Lawyer
Consider this: Doctors do not have to continue providing service to someone who cannot make payments. If you are struggling with debt and in need of medical care, there is no time to waste. Your health — or the health of your family — may be at risk.
Contact a bankruptcy attorney serving clients in Phoenix, Scottsdale, Tempe, Avondale and other locations in Arizona. Call 480-845-0145 to schedule a free consultation.
Why should you hire our firm to represent you in bankruptcy?
Great question. Here are a few reasons:
- 1. Bankruptcy is our sole area of practice. Attorney Wright has over 10 years of experience in the field of bankruptcy and has helped over 1000 people successfully file.
- 2. Attorney Wright has an accounting background that is useful in analyzing complex financial documents. Prior to law school he obtained a degree in accounting from the University of Wisconsin School of Business. He exercised his strong numerical aptitude in the field of accounting, including several years with The Kohler Co., before ultimately deciding to pursue a law degree.
- 3. New clients meet with an attorney during their first visit. We understand your time is valuable. It is important your questions are answered quickly and accurately so you can take appropriate steps to secure a better financial future and eliminate fear and stress.
4. In business, referrals are the highest form of professional compliment. We frequently receive referrals from other lawyers and previous clients.
- 5. Our firm is small which enables us to focus on quality over quantity. We don’t have billboards on the I-10 or banners affixed to public transportation. Our approach is a bit more understated. We care about people and doing things right and it shows in our low employee turnover and positive reviews.
- 6. Perhaps the most important consideration is the cost of filing bankruptcy. We continuously assess our fees to ensure we offer fair and competitive pricing. We want to offer you a deal without sacrificing the quality of your experience.
Ways we can help…
What our clients are saying…
Mr. Wright and his staff were amazing. They made a negative situation a lot better and turned it into a positive. Could really tell they care helping people and I will refer their Phoenix Bankruptcy Attorney firm to friends and family. Thanks again.
I called around looking for the right bankruptcy lawyer and came across Benjamin Wright. He personally called me for the consultation seeing how I live in Kingman AZ. He was very helpful from the start and his staff was very friendly and explained any questions I had, sorry for all the questions. I would definitely recommend Wright law offices, and I do!! Thanks for everything, you made what seemed like a hard thing to do simple!! You guys rock!!!
Great lawyer, he really helped my mother out of a jam. She was totally new to bankruptcy and he talked with us for about an hour and a half to make sure she wouldn’t be worried.
Ben is a kind and down to earth attorney. He worked around my busy schedule as a single mom (school, full-time job, and daycare pick up and drop off times). He explained absolutely everything to me and was good about e-mailing. I am writing this review as a THANK YOU.
I had a very positive experience with Attorney Wright. He or his staff returned my e-mails and calls promptly (even after business hours occasionally). His fees were reasonable. He was patient with me when I showed up in court missing an important document. He is aggressive, but fair and nice.