The Phoenix real estate situation continues to look bleak, at least as far as valuations go. According to an article posted on Phoenix real estate website www.phoenixpowersearch.com, foreclosures in the Phoenix area continue at a rate of 3,000 to 4,500 units per month. While the article does mention some potential areas of improvement to the Phoenix market such as a decline in the Active Notices of Default for residential properties, this is of no help to Phoenix homeowners who have already had their home values slashed by fifty percent or more over the last four years. If you are one of these Phoenix homeowners, then a Chapter 13 bankruptcy may be a great way to improve your overall situation. For example, the majority of Phoenix residents owe more than what their house is worth. If this is the case for you and you have a second mortgage or home equity line of credit, you may qualify for what is called a Chapter 13 lien strip. A Chapter 13 lien strip would re-categorize your secured loan into an unsecured loan that can be discharged at the end of the Chapter 13 bankruptcy. This is just one of the ways that a Chapter 13 bankruptcy can ease the overall burden of your debts.
I am often shocked when I speak with potential clients at my Phoenix office and they do not realize the options and flexibility that a Chapter 13 bankruptcy can give them. A Chapter 13 bankruptcy case is a way to make one monthly payment for three or five years and then be back on track with your life and debt free. Also, during the pendency of the bankruptcy plan, your unsecured debts will go to zero percent and the credit card companies have to stop adding in fees and other costs immediately upon the filing of the case.
Unfortunately, many people are afraid of bankruptcy and afraid to even explore their options. At the very least, you owe it to yourself to speak with an attorney in the Phoenix area to find out more and discover if it might be a route worth taking. Phoenix residents should know that Chapter 13 bankruptcy can be an especially useful tool to solve their issues as a result of the real estate crisis that continues to plague Phoenix.
I am an Arizona attorney and my articles only deal with Arizona and Federal Bankruptcy law. All legal services offered to Arizona Residents Only. This article should not be construed as legal advice, if you need to file a bankruptcy, contact an attorney in your state.
To learn more about Chapter 13 bankruptcy, contact us online or call 602-456-6085 for a free consultation.
Why should you hire our firm to represent you in bankruptcy?
Great question. Here are a few reasons:
- 1. Bankruptcy is our sole area of practice. Attorney Wright has over 10 years of experience in the field of bankruptcy and has helped over 1000 people successfully file.
- 2. Attorney Wright has an accounting background that is useful in analyzing complex financial documents. Prior to law school he obtained a degree in accounting from the University of Wisconsin School of Business. He exercised his strong numerical aptitude in the field of accounting, including several years with The Kohler Co., before ultimately deciding to pursue a law degree.
- 3. New clients meet with an attorney during their first visit. We understand your time is valuable. It is important your questions are answered quickly and accurately so you can take appropriate steps to secure a better financial future and eliminate fear and stress.
4. In business, referrals are the highest form of professional compliment. We frequently receive referrals from other lawyers and previous clients.
- 5. Our firm is small which enables us to focus on quality over quantity. We don’t have billboards on the I-10 or banners affixed to public transportation. Our approach is a bit more understated. We care about people and doing things right and it shows in our low employee turnover and positive reviews.
- 6. Perhaps the most important consideration is the cost of filing bankruptcy. We continuously assess our fees to ensure we offer fair and competitive pricing. We want to offer you a deal without sacrificing the quality of your experience.
Ways we can help…
What our clients are saying…
Mr. Wright and his staff were amazing. They made a negative situation a lot better and turned it into a positive. Could really tell they care helping people and I will refer their Phoenix Bankruptcy Attorney firm to friends and family. Thanks again.
I called around looking for the right bankruptcy lawyer and came across Benjamin Wright. He personally called me for the consultation seeing how I live in Kingman AZ. He was very helpful from the start and his staff was very friendly and explained any questions I had, sorry for all the questions. I would definitely recommend Wright law offices, and I do!! Thanks for everything, you made what seemed like a hard thing to do simple!! You guys rock!!!
Great lawyer, he really helped my mother out of a jam. She was totally new to bankruptcy and he talked with us for about an hour and a half to make sure she wouldn’t be worried.
Ben is a kind and down to earth attorney. He worked around my busy schedule as a single mom (school, full-time job, and daycare pick up and drop off times). He explained absolutely everything to me and was good about e-mailing. I am writing this review as a THANK YOU.
I had a very positive experience with Attorney Wright. He or his staff returned my e-mails and calls promptly (even after business hours occasionally). His fees were reasonable. He was patient with me when I showed up in court missing an important document. He is aggressive, but fair and nice.