Harassing calls from creditors can be one of the most stressful parts of being in debt and not having the ability to pay your debts. In the Phoenix area, many people are living this nightmare on a daily basis.
There are a few different ways to put a stop to the creditors that are giving you so much worry. Firstly, threats such as, “I am going to have you put in jail if you don’t pay” are illegal, a creditor cannot threaten to do what he or she cannot legally do. Typically, you cannot go to jail from simply not paying your debts. Therefore, this type of threat is illegal pursuant to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act is a set of federal laws that essentially provide protection to you, the debtor, from debt collectors. The full act can be found here:
If there is a violation of this act, you may be able to sue the creditor and obtain monetary damages! You read that right, you may be entitled to actually obtain money from the company or entity that is trying to get money from you. If you suspect a creditor may be in violation of this act, you should immediately contact an attorney in your area. If you are in the Phoenix, Scottsdale or surrounding areas, give Wright Law Offices a call and we can help you make a determination as to whether or not you have a potential claim against a harassing creditor or collection company.
Another way to put an almost immediate stop to those collection calls is to file bankruptcy. Any contact of you by a creditor after a bankruptcy is filed is in violation of federal law. If a creditor dares to harass you after a bankruptcy, you can file a motion for sanctions against that creditor and also win monetary damages. Again, if you are in Phoenix, give us a call at Wright Law Offices and we will help determine if bankruptcy is a suitable option for you.
Contact Us to Learn More
Call one of our Phoenix Bankruptcy attorneys at 480-845-0145 or
send us an e-mail, and we will can help get you past the pesky creditor calls and on to a fresh start. We look forward to meeting with you for a free consultation.
Why should you hire our firm to represent you in bankruptcy?
Great question. Here are a few reasons:
- 1. Bankruptcy is our sole area of practice. Attorney Wright has over 10 years of experience in the field of bankruptcy and has helped over 1000 people successfully file.
- 2. Attorney Wright has an accounting background that is useful in analyzing complex financial documents. Prior to law school he obtained a degree in accounting from the University of Wisconsin School of Business. He exercised his strong numerical aptitude in the field of accounting, including several years with The Kohler Co., before ultimately deciding to pursue a law degree.
- 3. New clients meet with an attorney during their first visit. We understand your time is valuable. It is important your questions are answered quickly and accurately so you can take appropriate steps to secure a better financial future and eliminate fear and stress.
4. In business, referrals are the highest form of professional compliment. We frequently receive referrals from other lawyers and previous clients.
- 5. Our firm is small which enables us to focus on quality over quantity. We don’t have billboards on the I-10 or banners affixed to public transportation. Our approach is a bit more understated. We care about people and doing things right and it shows in our low employee turnover and positive reviews.
- 6. Perhaps the most important consideration is the cost of filing bankruptcy. We continuously assess our fees to ensure we offer fair and competitive pricing. We want to offer you a deal without sacrificing the quality of your experience.
Ways we can help…
What our clients are saying…
Mr. Wright and his staff were amazing. They made a negative situation a lot better and turned it into a positive. Could really tell they care helping people and I will refer their Phoenix Bankruptcy Attorney firm to friends and family. Thanks again.
I called around looking for the right bankruptcy lawyer and came across Benjamin Wright. He personally called me for the consultation seeing how I live in Kingman AZ. He was very helpful from the start and his staff was very friendly and explained any questions I had, sorry for all the questions. I would definitely recommend Wright law offices, and I do!! Thanks for everything, you made what seemed like a hard thing to do simple!! You guys rock!!!
Great lawyer, he really helped my mother out of a jam. She was totally new to bankruptcy and he talked with us for about an hour and a half to make sure she wouldn’t be worried.
Ben is a kind and down to earth attorney. He worked around my busy schedule as a single mom (school, full-time job, and daycare pick up and drop off times). He explained absolutely everything to me and was good about e-mailing. I am writing this review as a THANK YOU.
I had a very positive experience with Attorney Wright. He or his staff returned my e-mails and calls promptly (even after business hours occasionally). His fees were reasonable. He was patient with me when I showed up in court missing an important document. He is aggressive, but fair and nice.