Over the past ten years, Arizona bankruptcy lawyers have experienced a strong increase in the connection between clients’ mortgage-related problems and their interest in bankruptcy. As Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy applicants, debtors can immediately stop foreclosure and creditor harassment, while regaining their financial footing.
A recent survey indicates that debt relief attorneys nationwide are now noticing a major increase in the number of potential clients who are troubled by student loan debt. A report published by the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys (NACBA) found that 80 percent of the 860 lawyers surveyed say that student loan issues have increased “significantly” or “somewhat” over the past four years.
The authors of “Student Loan ‘Debt Bomb’: America’s Next Mortgage-Style Economic Crisis,” provide a variety of relevant factors to help explain this growing problem:
- The average college graduate in 2010 had accumulated over $25,000 in debt
- School debt burdens have recently increased by almost 50 percent among students who are in their 30s and 40s
- 95 percent of bankruptcy lawyers say that few educational borrowers have a chance of meeting the “undue hardship” standard for obtaining a discharge of college debt
- Two-thirds of bankruptcy attorneys report that collection efforts by student loan providers have become more aggressive in the past 18 months
While student debt is generally not subject to a bankruptcy discharge, seeking legal advice about student loans from a debt relief lawyer is still a sound idea. The Chapter 13 bankruptcy process can spell relief that allows a borrower to get caught up on their student loan payments while gaining significant relief from other obligations.
Schedule a free consultation to discuss your situation at one of our law offices in Phoenix, Scottsdale, Tempe, Avondale or Prescott. Call 480-845-0145 today.
Why should you hire our firm to represent you in bankruptcy?
Great question. Here are a few reasons:
- 1. Bankruptcy is our sole area of practice. Attorney Wright has over 10 years of experience in the field of bankruptcy and has helped over 1000 people successfully file.
- 2. Attorney Wright has an accounting background that is useful in analyzing complex financial documents. Prior to law school he obtained a degree in accounting from the University of Wisconsin School of Business. He exercised his strong numerical aptitude in the field of accounting, including several years with The Kohler Co., before ultimately deciding to pursue a law degree.
- 3. New clients meet with an attorney during their first visit. We understand your time is valuable. It is important your questions are answered quickly and accurately so you can take appropriate steps to secure a better financial future and eliminate fear and stress.
4. In business, referrals are the highest form of professional compliment. We frequently receive referrals from other lawyers and previous clients.
- 5. Our firm is small which enables us to focus on quality over quantity. We don’t have billboards on the I-10 or banners affixed to public transportation. Our approach is a bit more understated. We care about people and doing things right and it shows in our low employee turnover and positive reviews.
- 6. Perhaps the most important consideration is the cost of filing bankruptcy. We continuously assess our fees to ensure we offer fair and competitive pricing. We want to offer you a deal without sacrificing the quality of your experience.
Ways we can help…
What our clients are saying…
Mr. Wright and his staff were amazing. They made a negative situation a lot better and turned it into a positive. Could really tell they care helping people and I will refer their Phoenix Bankruptcy Attorney firm to friends and family. Thanks again.
I called around looking for the right bankruptcy lawyer and came across Benjamin Wright. He personally called me for the consultation seeing how I live in Kingman AZ. He was very helpful from the start and his staff was very friendly and explained any questions I had, sorry for all the questions. I would definitely recommend Wright law offices, and I do!! Thanks for everything, you made what seemed like a hard thing to do simple!! You guys rock!!!
Great lawyer, he really helped my mother out of a jam. She was totally new to bankruptcy and he talked with us for about an hour and a half to make sure she wouldn’t be worried.
Ben is a kind and down to earth attorney. He worked around my busy schedule as a single mom (school, full-time job, and daycare pick up and drop off times). He explained absolutely everything to me and was good about e-mailing. I am writing this review as a THANK YOU.
I had a very positive experience with Attorney Wright. He or his staff returned my e-mails and calls promptly (even after business hours occasionally). His fees were reasonable. He was patient with me when I showed up in court missing an important document. He is aggressive, but fair and nice.